Finnish Aunt Sarah’s Cookies
- 1/2 cup softened butter
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 2 cups cake fl our
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 cup whipping cream
- Sliced almonds or almond halves, for decoration
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees and prepare your baking sheets by covering them
with parchment paper.
- Cream butter and sugar in a mixing bowl until combined.
- In a separate bowl, stir together fl our and baking powder, and gradually add the
flour mixture to the butter and sugar. Add the cream and keep mixing until the
dough comes together and stiffens. At this point, you can proceed if the dough is
workable, otherwise chill for a little while.
- To form the cookies, roll a teaspoon of dough into small bowls and place on the
baking sheets, spacing them about an inch and a half apart. Gently press a few
almond slices or a halved almond onto the top of each cookie.
- Bake until the cookies have set and barely started to turn golden. Allow to cool.
View as PDF
Recipe adapted from www.outside-oslo.com
Posted on Thu, December 3, 2015
by Sarah Hokuf