Finnish Jam Tarts
- 8 oz Butter, Soft
- 1/2 tsp Salt
- 1 Small Egg, or 1 Egg Yolk
- 8 oz Cream Cheese
- 2 Cups Flour
- 2 Tbsp Heavy Cream
- 1 Pint Jam
- Powdered Sugar
- Egg for Egg Wash
- In a large bowl, combine butter, salt, egg, cream cheese, fl our and heavy cream
with your hands until a uniform, sticky dough forms. Wrap tightly in plastic wrap and
refrigerate for 2 to 3 hours (or overnight).
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Remove dough from refrigerator and allow to warm
slightly for rolling. Cut dough in half; refrigerate one half while you work on the other.
Roll out one half of the dough, on a well-fl oured board, until approximately ⅛-inch
thick. Cut into 3-inch squares, then slice each corner, leaving about an inch of solid
dough in the middle of each square. Transfer to a parchment or silpat-lined baking
sheet. Dollop about a teaspoon of jam on the center of each square, then fold in
every other corner to form a pinwheel shape. Take care to push each folded in
corner down well, in the center and at the edges, so it does not spring open during
- Bake in the preheated oven until golden and crisp at the edges, about 15 minutes.
Cool for several minutes on the pan, then transfer to wire racks to cool completely.
- Dust with powdered sugar to fi nish.
Yields about 4 dozen 3-inch tarts.
View Recipe PDF
Recipe adapted from www.localkitchenblog.com
Posted on Thu, December 3, 2015
by Sarah Hokuf