Raspberry Jam Biscuits
- 1/2 Cup Caster (superfi ne) Sugar
- 1/2 Cup Unsalted Butter
- 1 Egg
- 1/2 cup Sour Cream
- 3 Cups All-Purpose Flour
- 1 tsp Baking Powder
- 6 Tbsp Raspberry Jam
- Preheat oven to 350 degree.
- Put the sugar and butter in a large bowl and beat together until light and fl uffy.
Beat in the egg, then mix in the sour cream.
- Sift the fl our and baking powder together, then incorporate into the mixture, which
will have a fairly wet consistency.
- On a lightly fl oured surface, roll out the dough to 1/4 inch thickness, then using a f
loured 2 inch round cutter, cut out rounds and place on a baking tray. Leave to rest
for 15 minutes.
- Press the center of each round with your thumb or the back of a teaspoon, then
spoon a little raspberry jam into the indentation. Bake in the oven for 12-15 minutes,
until golden. Leave to cook on a wire rack.
View Recipe PDF
Recipe adapted from The Food & Cooking of Finland Cookbook, by Anja Hill
Posted on Thu, December 3, 2015
by Sarah Hokuf